Sunday, February 5th the Atlanta Falcons will meet up with the New England Patriots for Super Bowl 51 - this is the biggest game in the NFL each year. Kick off is at 6:30 pm and it's one of the most anticipated events of the year for cheering, entertaining and watching commercials. Are you ready?
Whether you are planning something extravagant or whether you prefer a quiet evening at home with family or friends, there are a few things you can do to easily get your home prepped and ready for entertaining a group for some Super Bowl fun!
1. Clean your house - Make sure to do a deep clean before your guests arrive. You can even get the whole family involved in the pre-party cleanup. To make things easier for yourself, opt for disposable silverware and dishware. Also make sure to clear ice and snow from your front doorstep. Don’t want anyone slipping on their way in!
2. DECORATE! Decorations are the #1 essential when hosting a celebration, big or small, especially when it is tied to a theme. Stop by your local party store and pick up as many decorations as you’d like—the beauty of Super Bowl parties is that the décor never gets too pricey! Get creative with table runners, serving bowls, and more.
3. Food, food, & more food! The best part about the Super Bowl is that it is always a great excuse to splurge on junk food. Chips, dips, and chili, and nachos are great staples. You can also get creative with your desserts – go all out with some S’Mores Dip, football-shaped cakes, or cupcakes decorated for your team! An assortment of beers and other soft drinks is the perfect way to top off a Super Bowl feast.
4. Games - On top of cheering on your team, it is always fun to add another layer of competition through a wager or draft among your guests. Betting squares are a sure way to spark some excitement, even among attendees who may not be invested in the sport itself.
5. Seating is key - If you are having people over, make sure to think through the necessary seating accommodations to ensure a good viewing experience for everyone. Big screen TVs always help! And, if you have guests who want to focus intently on the game itself (or the commercials!), make sure you have a separate area set up to entertain the kids.
Regardless of the way you choose to set up your home and entertain your guests, the most important thing is that you enjoy your time with family and friends.