At the beginning of a new year, we’re all trying to start off strong and commit to all kinds of new things that will do to top the year prior. Coming down from the excitement around the holidays, it can be hard to maintain steam and kick things off with the bang we are always striving for, especially with the cold weather in full effect in January.
These are the struggles that we all face, and to provide some inspiration and give you some easy tips for fun with the family, we wanted to share a JS Homes curated list of “Top Winter Activities” – 17 of them to celebrate 2017! Take a page out of our book and get out there this season!
1. Playtime in the snow - have a snowball fight, build a snowman, make a snow angel & catch snow flakes on your tongue!
2. Drink hot cider, hot chocolate, or mulled wine
3. Go sledding or tubing down a snow-capped hill
4. Take a long, hot bubble bath
5. Walk around a holiday craft fair (and be sure to bundle up!)
6. Decorate a gingerbread house
7. Indulge in a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup
8. Enjoy a ski day/ski trip with family and friends
9. Cookie swap! Bake cookies and share them with friends
10. Go ice skating with friends and family
11. Cozy up in front of a fireplace and reread favorite books
12. Cup a steaming mug in your hands on a cold day
13. Watch a hockey game (go Flyers!)
14. Tune into the all-holiday-all-the-time radio station
15. Walk around the house in fuzzy slippers
16. Holiday cooking (big batch of chili, warm pie, baked cinnamon rolls)
17. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or donate to a local charit