Amidst the constant juggling of everyday life –job, family, doctor’s appointments and other obligations – we are all always looking for quick and easy ways to make life a little bit easier. Oftentimes, it can be so overwhelming even just managing those routine activities, so trying to take on even more responsibilities can be very difficult to manage. Today, we are all turning to technology to help us with life hacks and give us the tools and tricks we need to get through the day. Among the resources that technology provides for us, we wanted to give you a rundown of the most useful apps out there to help homeowners maintain a more organized home life. Check out our top picks below, and hopefully these will provide some relief and organizational fuel when it comes to managing your home!
1. Home Savvy - sets up a home maintenance plan and sends alerts to remind you to complete your tasks and do the necessary chores. The app also connects you with top-rated local professionals who can help with the needs around your home. Highly customizable, and can prepare a personalized schedule for your tasks based on the specifics of your home.
2. Home Routines – this app is great because it lets you make daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly lists of tasks that need to be done around your house. It will send you daily messages to remind you of what needs to be completed and offers a useful checklist function to display the tasks that are still open-ended.
3. Chore Pad – this one is a great addition to the line-up because it’s perfect for the kids! Chore Pad allows you to create personalized to do lists for everyone in your family and once chores are completed, your kids receive awards and trophies to reward their good work.
4. Home Budget – serving a different purpose than many of the more general organizational apps, Home Budget is specifically focused on money tracking for home owners. It’s a great way to keep your expenses organized and in one place. All you have to do is enter your income and expendituresand the app will provide you with budgeting assistance. You can also directly upload your receipts and utilities bills.
5. GroceryiQ – this app provides an easy and accessible way to keep track of your grocery lists. Take note of everything you need for your next shopping trip and you can check off the items as you put them into your cart! They will then automatically move over and save in your history.
What’s great about this list is that each app offers something slightly different, so you can use as many (or as few) of these as you like to get started and then continue streamlining your life by adding/removing as needed. Play around with these and you’ll be sure to find the right mix of apps that best suit you and your lifestyle.